In 2014 the Group turnover exceeded 5.6 billion euros and provided services to more than 2.5 billion passengers. Keolis has more than 60, 000 employees
The group offers a full range of transport solutions to meet the needs of local authorities and passengers and constantly strives to offer its clients mobility choices in tune with the priorities of each geographical region. Keolis current operations include:
- Heavy rail – 11 franchises across 5 countries, with 4875 kilometre of network and more than 1000 train sets
- Metro – four metro systems totaling 87 kilometres, including 70 kilometres driverless and 250 trains.
- Light rail – 552 kilometres of track with nearly 1000 vehicles
- Bus and coach – more than 24,000 buses operated in 8 countries, including timetabled and on-demand services
- Parking- management of more than 130,000 spaces including public, employee, airport and hospital parking
- Cycling – with 18 bike share schemes and integrated storage and security solutions for public transport users
- Car share – car share services have been offered since 2007, with 4 schemes now in France
The group deploys modern, efficient and sustainable transport systems thanks to a common culture shared throughout the company and associating innovation with a comprehensive understanding of networks, lifestyle patterns and passenger behaviour.
For Keolis, the key to successful public transport is putting the right means in place at the right time, giving passengers every opportunity to make use of it. And that means thinking like a passenger at every stage of the process.
The business operates primarily in Australia and New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa, employing about 20,000 people. Downer experience includes managing the design, delivery and through-life-support of civil transport projects, rolling stock and integrated ticketing solutions.
Downer has over 100 years’ experience delivering total rail asset solutions for our customers, employing more than 1,400 people at approximately 20 sites across Australia. Downer has delivered more than 1,150 passenger cars to Australian customers including 624 Waratah passenger cars to Sydney Trains, Australia’s largest ever rolling stock project.
Downer’s technology and partnerships offer innovative maintenance solutions that bring increased availability, improved reliability and reduced costs. This commitment to innovation is maintained and continues during through-life-support, reliably and safely extending maintenance cycles and increasing the time trains spend in service.
At Downer, customers are at the heart of everything we do. It is our relationships with them that enable us to deliver shared success. By truly understanding and predicting their needs, we bring world leading ideas to transform possibilities into reality.